Monday, September 10, 2012

A little lavendar...

I do love lavendar.
This is one of the first dresses I made
when I started smocking again a couple of years ago.


I used Chery Williams' bishop pattern and lavendar broadcloth.
I don't know which plate I used.
 I was looking through my plates and can't find one exactly like this.
Sometimes I start one plate and change my mind in the middle!
It is a pretty simple design though, so if you are a smocker, you could copy it.


The sleeve...


It's hard to match DMC floss to lavendar Imperial broadcloth and batiste.
It's like they need to add a few shades of lavendar.
I never find exactly what I want!
I would really like a lighter lavendar rather than purple.
Maybe I should investigate other brands of floss!

If you are making pretty things, send me pictures! :)

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment