Saturday, June 29, 2013

Blue Whales

This is probably the last outfit I will make Reid for the summer.
I am going to get busy sewing for baby #2
now that Reid has a nice little wardrobe for summer!

For this outfit, I used Creations by Michie',
pattern #117, the Front Button Romper.
 You can get the pattern at www.creationsbymichie.com.


Aren't the little whales so cute?
I had been looking for just the right fabric to use this pattern with,
 and I was so excited when I found this!

I just blew up the whale a tiny bit on the copy machine
and traced a whale for my shadow embroidery.


I used Imperial broadcloth for the collar because I wanted it to look nice and crisp.
The "shadow" would have shown more on batiste...


Here is the back!


I think this pattern is adorable and has lots of possibilities.

I might be pushing my luck a bit with Reid's daddy,
but it will make his mommy happy and it makes his Mumsie happy.
He can wear it when daddy is not around! :)

I know Reid will love it. He loves sea animals. He loves ANY "a-muls"!

Happy Sewing!!


2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I love the little whale on the collar- just perfect with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling outfit and you did a wonderful job with the shadow-work embroidery.

    ReplyDelete