I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Lisa, who blogs on Mommy's Apron Strings. www.mommysapronstrings.blogspot.com
Even though it says Liebster "Award", I don't think it is really an award. It's just for fun!
I'm not real sure how this works, but I am copying and pasting this next part from her!
The Liebster Blog Award is an award given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers, most of whom have less than 200 followers (or have been blogging for less than 6 months). It is to show newer bloggers that they are appreciated, and to help spread the word about new blogs. It was created to promote appreciation and recognition among the blog world. Liebster translates to “dearest” (or favorite/best) in German. It is also known as the Love Blog Award." It's been fun to get to know some bloggers better and a great way to pass on the love.
Here are the rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself
2. Answer the 11 questions given by the nominator.
3. Create 11 new questions for those you nominate.
4. Choose 11 new blogs and link to them in your post.
So here goes!
11 random things about myself:
1. I only like happy movies and happy books. I want to be relaxed and entertained when I
read or watch a movie. I do NOT want to be scared, tense or sad!!!
2. I hate flying.
3. When I go over high overpasses I have to put my hand up next to my face to block the
view so that I don't feel like I'm falling.
4. I'm a poodle person. We had a black poodle when I was growing up named Alfie. When I
married my husband he thought poodles were girlie, so we tried some other dogs that
didn't work out too well. We finally got a brown male poodle that we named Raisin, and a
couple of years later we got a cream colored female named Lacie. They lived to be 18 and
17 years old. My husband now loves poodles too. Our current pet is Jack, a black poodle
who is 2 years old. He is my husband's shadow. :)
5. Cats are not my favorite. I am very allergic.
6. I am a 4th generation native Texan on my mom's side, but my dad's dad was born in
7. My husband and I were high school sweethearts and have been together since we were 17
8. My son-in-law was born on my 25th birthday when I was expecting my daughter, now his
9. My mother and her mother were both wonderful seamstresses. My interest in sewing
came from them, though I love needlework more than sewing.
10. My bucket list includes going to some of the beautiful fabric and smocking supply
stores that I see advertised in my sewing magazines. Ahhh...someday...
11. I am extraordinarily blessed with my average and ordinary life!
My answers to Lisa's questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because I wanted to connect with other
people who love the art of smocking.
2. What are your hobbies?
I love to read and I love to smock. I also enjoy embroidery and shadow embroidery. Now
that I have a grandson another hobby is looking for cute boy clothes to buy for him. They
are hard to find!
3. Your favorite place on earth?
If I could pick just one place to be it would be home! There's no place like home. I do love
to visit Florida...the Rosemary Beach and Seaside area of the Florida panhandle. I also
love to go to Gruene, Texas for weekend trips. We don't travel much.
4. What year would you like to visit for a week as a time-traveler?
1986, when my mother was still alive and healthy.
5. If you didn't have the job you have, what would you want to do instead?
My dream is to open a small children's clothing and fabric and smocking supply store. It
has been a dream of mine for 30 years. I am hoping to make that dream come true when I
retire from teaching, but it will be a while.
6. What is your favorite food?
My mother's chocolate pie!
7. What is your favorite period in fashion?
I'm not much of a fashionista. Love me some capris though. I guess those are still in
style...so maybe now is fine.
8. What is your favorite novel or series?
LOVE Dorthea Benton Frank books. They are just entertaining stories. The setting is
always one of the South Carolina beaches.
9. What famous person do you most admire?
That would probably be George Bush. He is just a good, solid family guy with good old
fashioned family values.
10. What is your favorite restaurant?
Hmmm...I guess I don't have a favorite! I do like a local Italian Restaurant, Hasta la Pasta.
Yummy cheese ravioli!
11. If you are a crafter, what is your favorite thing you've ever made?
Probably the going home outfits I made in anticipation of my first grandchild's arrival.
We didn't know if the baby was a boy or a girl, so I made a boy outfit and a girl outfit. The
boy outfit is on my blog, but the girl outfit has not been revealed, and won't be until I
have a little granddaughter to wear it home!
11 questions for my tagged bloggers:
1. Are you a dog person or a cat person?
2. What is something that you do not know how to do that you would like to learn to do?
3. Name 3 movies that you like so much that you have watched them more than once.
4. What is your favorite current TV show, and favorite old TV show?
5. What is your daily beverage of choice? (mine is Diet Cherry 7-Up)
6. What is your idea of a perfect cold and rainy day?
7. Name a place you would really love to visit and why.
8. What would your first grade teacher tell us about you?
9. If you had an extra $200 right now to spend on anything you wanted, what fun thing
would you buy?
10. If you could redecorate one room in your house right now, which one would it be, and
what color scheme would you use?
11. If you were going to give lessons or a workshop on something, what might that be?
Blogs I'm tagging for the Leibster Award: