Monday, December 31, 2012

Baby blue for our sweet boy!

I've had this fabric for a few months and finally got around to making this outfit.
The longalls are made of baby blue corduroy
and the shirt is a baby blue cotton plaid.
I used Creations by Michie' pattern #137, the Jon Jon pattern.


For the shirt, I used Creations by Michie', Diaper Shirt and Shorts, # 118,
and cut the sides a little more straight down, rather than flared out.


 I have used that pattern so much,
and I've been making the 24 month size for Reid since summer.
Thinking that he was probably outgrowing that size,
I used the same pattern, but made the seams 1/4" instead of 5/8".
That did the trick! He has room to grow in this one.
I guess that makes it a 24 1/2 month size???


It is nice and long, so I just rolled up the pants a bit
and it looks cute that way because the lining matches the shirt! :)


We watched our sweet boy this afternoon so that
his mom and dad could go out for an early New Year's Eve linner.
(That's what we call a meal between lunch and dinner time!)

He is so much fun, and VERY BUSY!!!

Happy New Year to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I love this pattern. One summer I made so many for my son. He had every color under the sun and he always looked good. These always look neat on a toddler. Thank you for sharing! PS I never thought about using the shirt fabric for the lining of the legs. Very good idea.

    ReplyDelete