Saturday, June 23, 2012

A Year Ago...

A year ago, my precious grandson was born.
This is the outfit he wore home.

I used Creations By Michie' Pleated Daygown, #119 for the gown, minus the collar.
The ducks on the gown are in Michie's book, Heirloom Embroidery.

The cap is from the pattern Sweet and Simple Bubbles and Bonnets,
by The Old Fashioned Baby.
The cap has a little tatting around it
and both the sleeves and the cap are finished with a feather stitch.
The ducks on the blanket and cap are from Jeannie B's Book of Heirloom Embroidery.
I put some tiny tatting around the blanket and the flip side is cashmere flannel.



My babies were all almost 10 pounds, so I made the outfit in size 6 months.
Who knew Reid would be a little peanut by comparison, weighing 7 pounds 6 ounces?!
The gown and cap were a little big on him!
Look at his sweet little mouth. :)


I would love to see some of your babies' going home outfits!
Email me pictures at ppreston119@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment